Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Do You Think I am a Racist Just Because...#2

NOTE:  Please refer to my previous post, Do You Think I am a Racist Just Because..., for the background and context of this post.


Do you think I am racist just because... I believe that, in this day and age, black leaders are more to blame for their current social and economic situations than any overt racist activities by individuals or groups?

Oh, yes, there are a lot of racists out there who are delighted at any opportunity to put down a black person, directly or indirectly.  Thankfully, our country has made great strides in condemning and suppressing those people, who now have to scurry into their rat-holes when the light is turned on them.  We are two or three generations into that particular cleansing process.  Why is it still used as a crutch?

I do understand that there are a lot of people who are stuck in places and situations which they have neither the knowledge nor resources to control.  I am not pointing fingers and saying that they should just get up and move on to better things.  I am saying that they should look around and question their leaders (church, community, political, etc.) about what new approaches can be tried to break with the failed efforts.  A perfect example is the almost total adherence to the Democrat Party, despite irrefutable evidence that it uses them for elections and ignores them between elections.  Let's see, the Dems gather them up to go vote, and then how long is it before the Dems are seen again?  Answer:  next election. 

That party has done nothing for at least forty years to actually improve their living and educational conditions (and, in truth, it was Republicans and Conservative Democrats who did anything then), and yet the leaders keep accepting whatever the poverty pimps push on them. 

One would think that one of those leaders would one day say, "Well, forty years is proof to me.  We might as well see what some other group has to offer.  Can it be any worse?"

I don't really know for a fact, but I gather that the most influential leaders in  Black communities and neighborhoods are pastors.  I wonder just what percentage of those pastors point out to their church members the amazing accomplishments of Clarence Thomas, J.  C. Watts, Condileeza Rice, or Thomas Sowell and establish them as models for the community.  Or do they brand them as traitors to their race, or worse, because they happen to be of the conservative persuasion.  What an absolute travesty!

I have heard it said that white people have no right to tell blacks who their leaders should be.  That is undoubtedly true, but I  do have the right to tell them they are not being very smart about it, IF their interest is to help their followers to adapt to, and embrace, the modern world.

To me, that is a leadership problem, not a racism problem

No comments: