Friday, November 7, 2008

Here's a Word For You, O'Reilly!

Buffoon!

While you and Luntz are sitting there preening and slapping each other on the back, your supposed journalistic credentials are falling down around your ankles.

Indeed, Obama scored high with the little group of "independent voters."  And you high-fived one another that he hit a home run with his promise to give all citizens the same insurance coverage that Congress has.  Well, as a retired civil servant, I paid, and still pay, about $400 a month for my insurance coverage.  The Government pays some amount (probably about the same) as their share of the benefits package that was a part of my total compensation for my work for 30 years.

So you are impressed with the popularity of his answer that potentially translates into about $10-12,000 a year of our tax money for each family which receives it.  I'm willing to bet there were no more than one or two people in the room who had a concept of the cost associated with that little promise.  And there are no journalists who would even think of questioning it.

Your claim to be looking out for the people is as shallow as your willingness to dig into the facts.  I never expect a straight answer from Obama, and I guess it's too much to expect you to try to get one.  But, he looked you in the eye and you know he would only speak the truth to you, right?

You, sir, are a buffoon.

By the way, where does your hard-hitting expose of B Franks and the other thieves stand?  Just more bloviating, I guess!

No comments: